Sunday, February 20, 2011

Montignac Method basics

(I've copied parts of one of my earlier inlays.)
There is
  • Phase 1 - the weightloss phase, and
  • Phase 2 - the stabilisation phase
At Phase 1 (and always) you should start every meal with about ½-1 apple/pear or some berries etc. Why? To prevent the blood sugar fall you get after a dinner when your body concentrates on to take care of the new food. This causes you to want some sugar since your body starts feeling slow. By adding a bit of a sugar-rush in advance, you won't get that craving.
The big nono's are:
  • potatoes
  • white rice and pasta, couscous
  • boiled carrots
  • corn
  • (grapes, water melon)
  • everything containing wheat flour
  • NO sugar OR sweetener (candy, soda, juice, cakes, bread, honey, glucose....)
  • alcohol
  • light products (better use the real thing - if you must)
  • coffee/tea (or at least less)
  • nothing with carbohydrate over 30 in Phase 1 (or 50 in Phase 2). I usually go by 30, because I'm done with it quicker and can get back to eating those cream sauces I like in Phase 2 :)
  • (no extra fat at Phase 1 except for lunch)
And. as I said, no counting. If you want to eat 11 beef steakes with broccoli - go for it. The point is to eat until you feel full.

I keep the fat level down in Phase 1, so a normal dinner can be homemade beef, tomatosauce made from ovenbaked tomatoes with red paprika and red onions with a pinch of garlic and fresh basil that's been mixed to a sauce, served with boiled broccoli and mixed fresh salad (if in Phase 2 I add a dijon cream sauce).

According to Mr. Montignac lunch should be the days fattest meal. So an omelette with tomatoes, spring onion, muschrooms, ruccola and cheese is a good lunch, or crisp bread with philadelphia, ham, eggs, tomatoe or something like that - as many as you need to feel full.

Important: your brain needs fat, so by eating "no" fat in Phase 1 that's not really true. Meat contains fat, and you can eat plain cream or creme fraiche sauce (moderatly in Phase 1) if you want. As long as you don't mix fat with carbohydrates you're fine.
We wanna loose weight, not become stupid.
7-8 months after my second pregnancy
I mostly eat fat and fibres (you can also eat fibres and carbohydrates - but absolutley NO fat (meat, cream) to that). And since I'm at Phase 2 I can slip in a cupcake/applepie slice/chocolate truffles every now and then without getting bigger. Phase 2 is for life so to speak :)

18 comments:

  1. I feel like this post was posted at an appropriate time, This month is eating disorder awareness month.

    youre lucky though, you can eat and be small. you know how to do it :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! The diet has really helped me.

    One thing though (sorry to be fussy): your brain can only use glucose - it's the heart that needs fat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pregnancy photos! Simply beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No tattoos?! Ha, I will definatly follow this method. I hope you will post more.
    Scout

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing the diet =) I dont have the money enough to buy the books, you are a really awsome and sweet person to share it. Thanks =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What do you do if you're invited someplace for a meal? Do you still try to follow the method or do you make exceptions. I eat with friends pretty often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am following the diet since Tuesday and I began with 105,0kg and on Friday when it was weigh-in I had 103,4. I feel lighter and I my belly is getting smaller. I just feel great!!! I have my shame factor on fb. I cannot wait for Friday when I will weight myself again. Thank you Adora for the guidance. On our Slovene forum for Montignac method you can download translated Slovene versions of Montignac books :) yuppie! Have a great Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm your followers! ^^ It 's very nice your blog! If you like, pass from me!
    http://lafe-90.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the diet. The only problem I have is that I've been eating healthy all my life. Changing my diet seems so hard to me because it would mean I'd have to eat some stuff I've always considered unhealthy, like cream xD And I'm a vegetarian, so I can't just go for meat... but I changed some small things, like eating WASA instead of dark bread and only wholemeal pasta and dark rice... I hope that'll help ;)


    I have a diet advice that might help some girls around here: Drink loads and loads of green tea! It reduces your appetice and it makes the metabolism go faster, it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @KannibalKayfx: It is?! Shear luck on my side!

    @Anonymous: You are right, the brain uses glucose. The body makes its own glucose in the liver by using protein and fat..so that's what I ment by the fat thing. I'm just jumping steps sometimes :)

    @Jasna: Fantastic! I'm so proud of you! Looking foward to hear more about your weightloss :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How long does phase 1 last?

    and αρε chicken and cauliflower fine for phase 1? (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. Youre great. Thanks to leave us the advice. Is nice to a person like you say these things. I hope you be my mom ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this =)

    What do you thinka about LCHF? hum... maybe not so good for the heart...
    http://jessicazaiser.blogspot.com/2011/02/lchf-recept.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adora, i was wondering if you could think of some lunch choices that are easy to pack for my lunch? By that i mean that i can take to school with me?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can I write in swedish?
    när du skriver att man inte får äta vitt mjöl eller vitt ris/ris/couscous, funkar det med fullkornsris/pasta/couscous och grahamsmjöl t.ex då?
    eller vad ska man ta istället? :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Do you know if this method is ok during pregnancy?

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks like the low carb diet that everybody is going so crazy about here in Norway! I Tried it, but I got pain in the sides of my stomach.

    ReplyDelete