It also causes pain!
I will tell you 10 "problems" with having too little subcutaneous fat.
- I can't lay on my belly on a floor because my hipbones pokes out so much that I balance on them and that hurts.
- When I sleep on the side I need a pillow inbetween my legs because my knees are so bony it feels like they will rasp on themselves.
- When I sit on a chair I sit directly on my ass-bones (just some skin between). It sometimes causes bruising..
- I can't sit on my husbands lap because of this, he complains about my "ass-bones".
- When it is cold I freeze straight to the bones. I'm very sensative to being cold.
- As a kid I constantly had a red, ice cold nose - like Rudolph because I was always freezing.
- As a kid I always had BIG bruises on the inside of my knees because my legs looked like bird legs where the knee is like a bulb in the middle och they constantly got knocked by eachother. Now I've learned to walk with my legs further apart.
- When it's hot I get extremely hot, and almost can't cope. The subcutaneous fat protects against both cold and heat, so I'm rarely pleased ;)
- My hands have looked like a 60 years old woman since my teens.
- I tear apart clothes from the inside out ;)