Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I: have Instagram

Since I've chosen to live on the dark and mystique side of life, I also tend to be a bit of a reactionary.
Just so you'll understand to what extent here's an example:
I didn't get a mobile phone until October 2011.
And I only got it because I was on my way to London and needed to be able to blog from abroad!

Still to this day only about 10 people knows my phone number due to the simply fact I don't want to be reached all the time, and I kind of don't even know my own signal if it rings.
I find it very rare to be a life or death situation where people need to get hold of me in an instant. 
In fact, that's never happened to this day.

When I grew up in the 80's we had two stationary phones in my house. If one left one's home one made arrangements on when or where to be found/picked up. Easy as that.
When I left my house I was free. Out of control. Nowhere to be found.
That's why I often "forget" my phone at home, sound off or have it in another room nowadays.

Just how ungrateful can one be?

And oh, this is the worst; my husband even bought me a phone in 2009 as a surprise.
Am I the thankful kind? Heh...no.
I got so mad at him, said "-Did I say I wanted a phone? I've never asked for one, I don't want it!", and so I forced him to sell it back...

Though this sounds awful, you'll have to agree I'm no material girl!

Well, to the point. 
Since I'm such a reaktionary I didn't get Instagram until August 2013.
AND I only got it because I was forced to since many approached me about "my" Instagram.
Saying I answered questions like it was me, but strange, misspelled and using unusual language for being me.
It wasn't me.
So I had to get me an Instagram to stop this confusion.
MY Instagram is Adora_BatBrat, nothing else!

5 comments:

  1. I miss those days... we didn't need a phone to be together, we simply were.

    xoxo
    Dani,

    A Strangeness in me Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only got a phone recently because of on call work. I got an instagram to follow my nieces and nephews :)..but I am starting to post of course because it's so convenient and like to share with people love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jag har hoppat på allt sånt, men twitter och tumblr har jag inte begripit mig på :)
    Ja vi hade det bra som inte kunde nås av oroliga föräldrar, de fick vackert sitta hemma och vänta tills man kom hem, eller ringde från en telefonkiosk :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have about 39 numbers and I only call 6 of the regularly and that is why I have a pay as you go phone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just got my Instagram last month, and haven't actually used it yet... But my phone is permanently attached ;)

    ReplyDelete