Sunday, February 13, 2011

Montignac Method basics

This upcoming week is my interpretation of the Montignac Method. I started it 10 years ago, so it might be that this method changed slightly over the years.

The method is a low glycemic index (low GI) way of eating, devided into Phase 1 (the weight losing phase) and Phase 2 (stabilisizing the weight. This is where I am now).
It sounds more complicated than it is, I can assure you!

A few things you must buy home to succeed smoothly:
  • dark chocolate with >70% cacao
  • plain nuts (peanuts, almonds, pistachio, hazelnut)
  • headache pills
Why this? When your body all of a sudden gets off the drug (sugar/carbohydrates) your body will get abstinence and react with headache. And the chocolate and nuts is if you used to be a middle-in-the-night-snacker. Then you will at least have something better to eat if you must.

The Montignac concept from his page.

In Phase 1 you will eat things with GI under 35 (I'll guide you through it the best I can).
The Montignac page have a quicky where you can write in the product and you will get the GI at once. Here.

You do NOT have to change your ordinary coocking that much, just adjust it a bit. You are allowed to eat as much as you please and you will loose weight while eating.

As an example: I like to eat spaghetti and mincemeat sauce. In Phase 1 I changed the spaghetti to broccoli/green salad and that was it! My mincedmeat sauce already was "Montignac-safe" containing only minced meat, chopped onions, crushed tomatoes, salt and pepper.
As I reached my weight I simply added some fullgrain spaghetti to the equation and kept the broccoli with the sause.

You should eat (according to Montignac):
fat and fibres
OR
carbohydrates and fibres
NEVER
carbohydrates and fat together. Not so difficult.

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hm, been thinking about this... my only problem is that I really don't eat much vegitables :S I only like cucumber and lettuce, haha. Do you still think this could work out for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @CrashCore: I get you. I didn't eat too much veggies before I changed my way of eating either...but I forced me to experiment and you know, you have to eat the same thing about 12 times before you start to like it, so eventually broccoli became my best friend ;)

    Ovenbaked veggies was my rescue: tomatoes, onions, paprika, aubergine etc. as well as mushrooms.
    Eventually you'll get there...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very much looking forward to starting this! :)

    Love Melanie
    ~xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because you are posting about this, I started the Montignac method xDD
    The hardest meal for me is breakfast. I normally breakfast very differently and am not the biggest fan of low-fat yoghurt...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ve never believed in methods of diet...but I think that this is a great way of eating...:) And I gain too much weight in two years and I want to loose it..I think that following this I will loose weight slowly but healthy..:) So happy you posted this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can you give an example of fats and fibres

    and carbohydrates and fibres?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe I just lose 9 pounds by eating!That's amazing!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adora, this metod is the best!! i know it by you, and i try it for 2 weeks, (im even in phase 1) But im in my lower weight ever!!!!
    and the first week i down like 3 kilos... but sometimes I misbehave with the food :S

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I saw these earlier I am so interested on a interpretation of the Montignac Method.

    liva

    ReplyDelete