Sunday, April 18, 2010

Montignac diet

I eat according to his first book (not sure about it's english name, but the swedish could be translated to "I eat - therefore I get thin").

There is a Phase 1 - the weightloss phase, and Phase 2 - the stabile phase.

At Phase 1 (and always) you should start every meal with about ½ an apple/pear or some berries. Why? To prevent the blood sugar fall you get after a dinner when your body concentrates on to take care of the new food. This causes you to want some sugar since your body starts feeling slow. By adding a bit of a sugar-rush in advance, you won't get that craving.

Then the big nono's is: potatoes, white rice and pasta, couscous, boiled carrots, corn, grapes, water melon, everything containing wheat flour, NO sugar OR sweetener (candy, soda, juice, cakes, bread, honey, glucose....), no alcohol, no light products, coffee/tea, nothing with carbohydrate over 50 (or 30 dependig on how hard you want to go). I usually go by 30, because I'm done with it quicker and can get back to eating those cream sauces I like in Phase 2 :)

And as I said, no counting. If you want to eat 11 beef steakes with broccoli - go for it. The point is to eat until you feel full.

I keep the fat level down in Phase 1, so a normal dinner can be homemade beef, tomatosauce made from ovenbaked tomatoes with red paprika and red onions with a pinch of garlic and fresh basil that's been mixed to a sauce, served with boiled broccoli and mixed fresh salad (if in Phase 2 I add a dijon cream sause).

According to Mr. Montignac lunch should be the days fattest meal. So an omelette with tomatoes, spring onion, muschrooms and cheese is a good lunch.

Important: your brain needs fat, so by eating "no" fat in Phase 1 that's not really true. Meat contains fat, and you can eat plain cream or creme fraiche sauce if you want. As long as you don't mix fat with carbohydrates you're fine.

I eat fat and fibres (you can also eat fibres and carbohydrates - but absolutley NO fat (meat, cream) to that).

I'll write down what you can eat if you want something for an evening snack tomorrow!

8 comments:

  1. Brilliant!!
    Though I try to follow the Montignac rules as closely as possible, I still have to make some slight adjustments due to my stomach and blood-sugar problems. It saddens me that I cannot reap the full benefits of this 'diet' and it is not fun to have to add a few more stomach workouts(..since no good goth girl likes to sweat), but hopefully soon I'll reach the perfect weight. :)

    Best of wishes for your goal to the perfect M'era Luna body!

    And I thought I would add a treat I quite enjoy (but knowing how amazing you are Adora, I'm sure any of your treats are far better!!)<3

    Apricot jam:
    500gr dried apricots without stones
    juice of 1 or 2 lemons
    water, to cover 2/3 of the apricots
    cook the apricots in the water and the lemon juice until soft.
    Let cool down.
    mash with mixer and fill in clean jars. is good for 3 weeks in the fridge.

    Much Love
    ~Lady Lidia~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, many thank's on the tip Lady Lidia! I will try this sometime. It sounds a bit sour though..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, im a goth girl from greece..even thought my weight is within the normal limits for my height i would like to loose some weight healthy......
    so i thought i could start the montignac diet...but the thing is i looooooove coffee...what adjustments can i do so that i can at coffee to the diet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh i'm a vegan so i guess no montignac diet for me.. should be a vegan version for this ;( good luck for everybody following the diet anyway! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Adora!
    Remember not to get too skinny because skinny people look much older than they really are. Women should have some softness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Adora for the tips :) Got one question, do you stick completly to the diet rulles and don't drink at all alcohol? Not even a glass of wine on special occasions? x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roxanne, I'm Vegan and i'm following the Montignac Diet, just replace your meats with tofu and your dairy products with soy milk of fake cheese, once you get the hang of it it's quite simple. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, Adora. One quick question. I want to do this, but is it okay to eat black or wild rice? And danisk bread called "rugbrö(ø)d"? And one more question: Can you post a recept on one of your meals for dinner that does not inclued tomato?

    Can you answer on KawaiiKinti@yahoo.dk , please? <3

    ReplyDelete